Saturday, June 6, 2015

Plans

I just have to share something today that means a lot to me. I had recently made a decision and not told anyone about it (except my husband as he was involved in the decision process). That decision was to have a merina placed. I am still emotionally struggling with our loss that happened 6 months ago and I pray many times a day that The Lord would tell us clearly to try again or just stop. But right now He's just telling us to wait an be patient by being silent on the subject. He speaks to us through prayer on many other things we have prayed over but He hasn't said anything about this. So I thought it would just be a good idea to get the merina placed and we could have it taken out later on if we felt that was what The Lord wanted. So I did my research and made my appointment. Everyday for the week leading up to the appointment I was feeling less and less confident in this plan. I found myself asking The Lord that if He did not want us to do this then please place a barrier there that will keep me from getting it put in. (And please make it something I can't miss as I don't take hints). I found myself praying this over and over again and not feeling comfortable with it as I was when I made the appointment. I decided to talk to all of my friends who have one and they all just love it. Not one complaint among them so why was I feeling not great about it? By the time the date rolled around I had decided I was going to keep the appointment and not make a final decision until talking more with my doctor at the visit. The day started great. The kids and I went to VBS, came home for a short rest then off to the appointment. I prayed the same prayer the whole way there that He would even use my doctor to speak to me on this as she is a believer also. We pulled into the Parking lot and started to walk into the building and out walks my doctor. Running to her car. I go up to the office anyway (sometimes she runs and grabs lunch and comes right back to the office) to see what they have to say. They tell me she has gone to deliver babies and while she will be back they are not sure how long it will be. At that one moment I promise I heard The Lord saying "here is a barrier you cannot miss". I about cried! I definitely cannot miss the doctor NOT bring present. Ha! I was so happy that The Lord intervened for us and kept us from making a bad decision (that we didn't know was bad for us). (Not bad for everyone, just not right for us). It gave me a chance to sit and talk with the office nurse who is very familiar with our history and make a decision I was much more comfortable with. Which was just to not reschedule and not have it put in. The Lord is so faithful and we trusted Him to guide us and watch over us in this big (for us) decision. And He did! I truly should not be surprised as He is always faithful! If we trust He will guide us in His plan then He will guide us in His plan. That was a little longer than I had planned but there it is. God is good and He is always faithful! And tomorrow a sewing blog. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment