Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Room cleaning time

Anyone else out there have small littles who are great at pulling out ALL their toys and just don't know how to pick them up again? To be fair she's actually my orderly one. She sort of has a little break down (like being overwhelmed at the mess) that she just won't look at it anymore. Yep that's her sleeping in the bed;) 
At night when my littles are in bed and my sweet husband has settled back into school work I'll pick up the house. Clean the kitchen, dishes and straighten up the living room. It's wonderful to wake up to a few clean rooms with no worries of stepping on stray toys and spraining your ankle. (Just saying) 

Our son who is 4 1/2 years old loves going to bed with a clean room but is the same in that getting overwhelmed that he just doesn't know where to start if every toy he owns is in his floor. Ha! He does need a little direction which I very much understand as I was once that child. 

I don't like how the mess can throw my littles out of sorts so I've decided that I need to add a few minutes to my night time cleaning routine and do a quick over view on their rooms also. I can also get a little scared of it to be honest! We have a smaller home which means all the rooms are together so toys just migrate through out. I scale back about every 3 months. We donate a few things to friends or family several times a year. But we also have family who gives us things through out the year so things are always rotating in and out. 

We just finished painting our living room and dining room so I'm in the process of getting those back together. (Planning on pictures one day) 
Blessings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment