Monday, April 20, 2015

In progress

I think I've said before how we "live by the seat of our pants" here at Parsons drive. Well now we are "in progress". So many things we want to improve on this year and my list keeps getting a little longer. Phone apps cleaned out. Hall and kids closets cleaned out. Finally got my herbs planted in the garden and one lonely tomato plant. (Starting bell pepper & onion soon) On the "get my rear in gear" front this is my 7th week of piyo. So far I am loving the way it makes me feel and the increase in flexibility. I have not lost any weight but have much more muscle than I did 7 weeks ago! I would still like to lose some weight but I believe that will come later and with consistancy. I couldn't even see any physical change until the 5th week but now I am totally happy with it. Now in my 7th week my wrists are still sore and I have bruises on my palms but i can just wrap them and keep going. (So many stinking planks) I have plans to do a full post on piyo when I finish my 8th week. We have also  way decreased on the eating out. (Super proud of that one) but it is not due to my meal planning skills. Because, well, right now I don't have any. (Still on my list) ;) these next few weeks I am focusing on the meal planning in order to decrease our grocery budget. Truthfully not even to decrease it but just to know where it is going. And with working full time weird hours there isn't always time in the day to run to the market if I discover I'm out of something I need for dinner. I cannot even plan on a certain day of the week to go to the market because of my work hours. So meal planning for me also includes looking ahead in the next week to see when I can even GO to the market. I'm also in the same old meals rotation because it's what we have done for the last almost 13 years now. So my new process is compiling my own list from my better homes and gardens cookbook and a few off of Pinterest. My husband doesn't really like casseroles (except shrimp casserole which is soo good!) or things totally cooked together so that has put my creative thinking skills to the test. We also love vegetables but I'm not totally skilled on a lot of different ways to cook them. Even that is improving due to a free class on craftsy they sent me for my birthday. (Thanks craftsy) All in all I'd say it's a win so far! Small changes are leading to a much less cluttered life style.  I have been able to work on my 2 in progress king size quilts lately and I am even finishing up a Sew Together Bag for my mom for her birthday this week. (It's got 4 zippers(!!!) talk about a challenge) and my mom is totally worth it! Hang in there with me. I am still looking for easier ways to get my photos into the blog since I'm blogging from a tablet. Maybe I should try from my phone? We will see. Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment